Sunday, August 7, 2011

Super powers

After watching the movie Unbreakable starring Bruce Willis, in which he realises at the end he has some kind of super power(sorry for the spoiler for those who havent watched the movie yet !), i keep thinking maybe i too have some kind of super power which is going to just show up sooner or later.
Wouldn't it be just great to have some super power ? Like if I was just able to reach office in a wink of the eye instead of travelling through the crazy traffic of chennai for 35 min. Or if I had the power to remember each and every thing i had done till now so that i could just pick up the "important" document I had thrown away somewhere a few weeks back. Or even better, if I could make things happen by just thinking about it, that would be the most awesome super power.
But, come to think of this a bit more, I realize all these super powers are for my selfish reasons and in the end it does not affect anyone but me. I am doing neither good for me or anyone else. Having one of the aforesaid super powers, will just make me lazier than I already am. For a person like me the saying "With greater power comes greater responsibility" doesn't apply.
On second thought,maybe it wont be so bad having a super power. I might actually do something good with it. I might not be as irresponsible as I credit myself with. There is a definitely a part of me which wants to good for the people. Having a super power might just push me to do the right things.
Anyways having said so far, I am pretty much sure the future has different plans for me than bestowing me with a super power. But i will be waiting for my Samuel L jackson to turn up. It might not be a power to defy death, or extra ordinary strength but atleast something which brings out a super hero in me.

No comments: